Table of Contents
When I came to the US for my master’s, it was an unavoidable need to have access to the OTPs or calls that come to my Indian number, which, by the way, I left at home. Since it was not feasible to make a human relay the OTPs every time the Indian number received one, I built an app to forward them automatically to my Telegram chat and called it ‘Notify Abroad’.
You can find the latest version of APK on GitHub.
- Create a Telegram account if you don’t have one already, before proceeding to the next step.
- Create a Telegram bot with the help of Botfather.
- Note down the token associated with the bot.
- Do not share this token with anyone.
- Open your bot’s chat and press the START button.
- This is important! Otherwise, the bot can’t send you any notification.
- With the help of Chat ID Echo Bot, note down your own Telegram user ID.
- Open the Notify Abroad app, enter both the token & your user ID and save the settings.
- Hola! All your messages/calls will be forwarded to your Telegram chat.
- Important - Some devices prevent the app from running in background to optimize its battery. To override that, you can add Notify Abroad to the battery optimization exemptions.
- This can usually be done by changing the app’s battery optimization setting to “Don’t optimize” under Settings > Apps > All apps > Notify Abroad > Battery.
- Check this link for more details.
- Ensure that the device, this app is installed on, is charged and connected to the internet all the time.
Source Code #
Find the source code on GitHub.
No analytics, no tracking, and no BS.
This app merely acts as a relay between your device & Telegram’s servers. Apart from that, the app does not do anything with your data. If you would like to read how Telegram processes your data, go here.