When I came to the US for my master’s, it was an unavoidable need to have access to the OTPs or calls that come to my Indian number, which, by the way, I left at home. Since it was not feasible to make a human relay the OTPs every time the Indian number received one, I built an app to forward them automatically to my Telegram chat and called it ‘Notify Abroad’.
You can find the latest version of APK on GitHub.
- Create a Telegram account if you don’t have one already, before proceeding to the next step.
- Create a Telegram bot with the help of Botfather.
- Note down the token associated with the bot.
- Do not share this token with anyone.
- Open your bot’s chat and press the START button.
- This is important! Otherwise, the bot can’t send you any notification.
- With the help of Chat ID Echo Bot, note down your own Telegram user ID.
- Open the Notify Abroad app, enter both the token & your user ID and save the settings.
- Hola! All your messages/calls will be forwarded to your Telegram chat.
- Important - Some devices prevent the app from running in background to optimize its battery. To override that, you can add Notify Abroad to the battery optimization exemptions.
- This can usually be done by changing the app’s battery optimization setting to “Don’t optimize” under Settings > Apps > All apps > Notify Abroad > Battery.
- Check this link for more details.
- Ensure that the device, this app is installed on, is charged and connected to the internet all the time.
Find the source code on GitHub.
No analytics, no tracking, and no BS.
This app merely acts as a relay between your device & Telegram’s servers. Apart from that, the app does not do anything with your data. If you would like to read how Telegram processes your data, go here.